Re: Topband: P.O.A.

To: <Topband@contesting.com>, <k8bhz@alphacomm.net>, <W9UCW@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: P.O.A.
From: Paul Kiesel via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 16:00:17 +0000 (UTC)
On the other hand...

Tim Pettis, KL7WE (SK), in chasing WAS on 432, was known to visit needed rare
states with a portable EME station, put it on from there, and work his own
station (as well as others) to get credit for those states. Another ham would
operate his home station. This action of visiting ops operating stations of
guys on DXpeditions continues to this day and contacts made like this should be
and are considered to be completely valid. You should consider re-evaluating
the contacts made by your good friend.

BTW, I had my first ham radio contact in Tim's shack when he was K7BRQ. We went
to elementary and high school together.

73,
Paul K7CW