Re: Topband: Radials question

To: Mike Paskeuric <mikepask1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radials question
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 07:50:02 -0400
Mike, a different question than you asked, but if you have two trees or other
supports at 65 feet or greater and more than 130ft apart, I think an 80M dipole
strung between them will be a better all around antenna than a vertical. If you
can get to 80ft or 100ft the dipole was be markedly better. If you only have a
single support an inverted V will be almost as good.

This same antenna, you can tie the feed line together at ground level and feed
as a Marconi T against ground on 160M.

Back to your original questions:

As to differing bandwidth claims, they must be using slightly different
standards for bandwidth.

As long as you have more than a couple radials, I would not worry at all about
an asymmetrical radial field. Put down as much copper in whatever directions
you got. It's the guys with only 1 or 2 radials that have to worry about tuning.

Tim N3QE