Re: Topband: FT8.

Subject: Re: Topband: FT8.
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 08:19:14 -0400
Thanks, JC.

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of SSTV. It's not watching paint dry, but
watching the picture being painted. After monitoring the mode for a few
days, I did not understand what some of the pictures had to do with the
hobby.

I'm not a fan of APRS. Somehow I don't understand the kick some people get
at being tracked like a wild animal. Emergency use aside!

Bottom line is, use what you like, no reason to disparage (you did not do
that, just to be clear) modes that other people enjoy. Even when, in the
case of the SSTV pictures I saw, there is a clear deviation of purpose.

Again, my opinion only. SSTV and APRS away.

73 de Vince, VA3VF