Re: Topband: Rotator creating spur on 1820

To: RadioXX@charter.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rotator creating spur on 1820
From: Dick via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 12:41:27 -0400
Interesting you have the spur on 1820.

I have the exact same situation on 1820 as well. Sometimes I can actually
pull weak audio off the spur but have not been able to identify which local
station or stations are mixing to create the spur.

It never varies in strength and I just assumed it was part of the hazards
of operating on topband. Didn't consider it might be the rotor and or cable
going up the tower. In my situation it hasn't caused enough interference to
 detract form DXing so far in at lest 20 years +.

Good information to have for those closer  to AM broadcast towers in  the
future.

Dick K9RT

In a message dated 11/2/2017 10:41:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,