Re: Topband: Rotator creating spur on 1820- results

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rotator creating spur on 1820- results
From: K4SAV <RadioXX@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2017 18:40:23 -0500
*I put the strap around the rotator today. I no longer have a birdie on 1820. Not a trace of it on any antenna. Based on symptons, I can only conclude it was caused by intermittent contact at the rotator bearings or by intermittent contact at the bearing on top of the tower. Diodes inside the rotator do not seem to be a problem.**
**
**The strap had no effect on my 3510 spur, which means the mixer for that one is somewhere else. That one is not a big problem because it goes away at nighttime due to one of the stations being daytime only.**
**
**The strap is 1/4 inch diameter twisted (not braided) stranded tin plated wire, very flexible. Length is about 16 inches.**
**
**Special thanks to Lloyd N9LB and Hank K7HP who had the correct answer.**
**
**Jerry, K4SAV - happy camper*