Topband: WireSpear antenna for topbands

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: WireSpear antenna for topbands
From: Eugene Popov /RA0FF/ via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 03:49:23 +0300
Hi guys!  Happy New Year!

Since the fall of 2017 I have been experimenting with a new type of antenna,
which I called WireSpear (WS).
The author of the idea is Alex UA4WI.
Autumn 2017 I made the WS for 80m.  The height of my tower allowed to make it
as Alex UA4WI planned - the antenna has two directions of radiation from the
azimuth of the antenna wire.  I have on the 80m now two areas: Europe and North
America, good repression back.
This really works much better than my 1/4 vertical.  Making an antenna is very
simple.
On my page      http://qsl.net/ra0ff/ant.html   has a description of how I did
it, unfortunately, it's in Russian text in PDF-file, but there are a lot of
photos and pictures.

In the beginning of January 2018 I finished building my WS antenna for 160m.
For 160m I lacked the height of the suspension, so the antenna has one
direction to North America.
I already had several connections with K1/K2/K3, NP2J, with which I last worked
in 2010, when the CONDX was better.
Really now on WS  the station from America, they understand me much better than
at the GP, and European stations do not hear.
Information about the WS-160 I have so far placed only in the Twitter page

https://twitter.com/i/moments/907852355055624194
I continue to experiment with the antenna. So far this is not the final version.

The main point that I want to note.

Antenna WS - a good option for urban conditions, it can be done between two
high-rise buildings.  The higher, the better.
Our guys from 4U1A made such an antenna for 40m band and hung it on the
building 100mh and another building 80 m high.  Their results are impressive!
There is another enthusiast Sergey R8TT, who is actively experimenting with
antennas of the type of WS for 20m, for 40m, for 80m bands.
I hope the information will be useful and useful to someone.

....................................I apologize for my disgusting English. :))

I wish you success and see you again!

73! de Eugene RA0FF
http://www.qsl.net/ra0ff/