Re: Topband: E31

To: "Steven R Daniel, D.D.S." <nn4t@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: E31
From: Mark K3MSB <mark.k3msb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:26:00 -0500
Hi Steve

I noticed the same thing.   The pileup was considerably wider,  but he
typically stayed within the 1 to 2 KHz up slot.    I had my bandwidth set
to 1.2 KHz when I switched to his RX frequency, and my VFO was on 23.66 and
it didn’t move for me to hear most of the responders!

NT2X spotted him at 0328Z with the comment “160M bev ant stolen by locals”
 I have no idea if that was tongue-in-cheek or true, but it was obvious
they were having RX problems.

They had a wonderful signal last night (received on my BOG), but after a
while of one QSO every few minutes I got a cup of coffee and headed
upstairs to watch some Star Trek Voyager on Netflix.     My consolation
prize was working UK9AA for a “new one” on TB later in the evening (and man
was he ever weak……).

Hopefully things will improve tonight….   But I have 6.5 seasons of Voyager
left in case they don’t…….

73 Mark K3MSB