Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX Activity Night

To: Edward Sawyer <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX Activity Night
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 17:10:26 -0400
Hmm, this last week was still hitting RBN over there, and worked G3OLB
two different days a little before his sunrise. One of those was a
long lovely old time 599 QSO with Tom, like I was working someone in
Ohio on 80 meters.

It might be "season" over, but 160 sure isn't over, at least not yet.

I think a lot of people don't get on unless there is an "event". Or
unless they hear a lot of signals.

I remember when I was a kid and we had "marbles" season**. Everyone
started showing up at school with marbles in their pocket. Then one
day nobody had any and marbles season was over. We COULD have played
marbles for another month until school was out for summer, weather was
fine for such things most days. Just that nobody showed up at school
with any marbles after "marbles season" was over.

Waste of perfectly good propagation.

Hmm, CWops tonight....last ten minutes...

73, Guy.

** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_(toy)