Topband: FT-8 on 160m using DXE NCC-2

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: FT-8 on 160m using DXE NCC-2
From: Jason Pecora <jaypecora@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 18:40:23 -0400
Good evening everyone. I just wanted to post a link to a video that I made
using the DXE NCC-2. I have had some high tension power line work done
about 1/8 mile from my qth over this summer, and since then I have been
subject to 10-20 over 9 noise floors on 160m. What used to be a S-2 S-4
band for me was now not so fun anymore. While I wait for the power line
crew to do repair work I decided to give the DXE NCC-2 a try. I have tried
other manufactures noise cancelers in the past and came to the conclusion
that all they do is attenuate both the noise and the signal. The DXE
version was a lot more money then the others, but everything I have ever
bought from them has worked beyond my expectations. Last year I installed
their DXE 4 square RX system and it worked great, but unfortunately this
noise I am hearing is coming from the NE direction (Europe) and it's loud
even on the 4 square. So I decided to buy the NCC-2 and I'm glad I did. I
did the comparison on FT-8 because it is very easy to see that with the
unit on, I hear stations 10-20 db stronger on FT-8 that without I would
never hear at all. I have consistently seen signals that are -25 db
increase to a average +2 db signal. So I will copy the link below so you
all can view it, I have yet to try and phase the 160m loop with the DXE 4
square. Maybe this weekend I will play around with that. If your looking to
improve your signal to noise this unit is defiantly something to look
into...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByBeSg9auCA

Jay KB8O