Re: Topband: cutting coax stubs for 80 meter 4-square

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: cutting coax stubs for 80 meter 4-square
From: Ed Hughes <kg4w@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 17:09:07 -0400
Hi Terry, see page 16 of this site
https://www.rigexpert.com/files/manuals/aa170/aa-170-manual.pdf

when looking for a 1/4 wave, leave the far end of the coax under test open.
when looking for a 1/2 wave, short the far end of the coax under test.

Your 57'7" pc of  would be 1/4 wave at 3750 if the vf is 87.77
at vf .76 = 49.85 ft
at vf .80 = 52.48 ft
at vf .84 = 55.10 ft

Set your rig expert on freq 3750 and have it in the RX mode and you should see something that makes sense.

Good Luck
Ed
KG4W