Re: Topband: cutting coax stubs for 80 meter 4-square

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, TOPBAND@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: cutting coax stubs for 80 meter 4-square
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:08:41 -0700 (PDT)
Richard,

You are so right about that static issue. I even seem to remember the Rig
Experts manual says to short the antenna leads together to remove any static
build up before connecting the analyzer. I think that was why I wasn't too
impressed with my MFJ-259b. Probably my own fail when I first got it. But I did
seem to get some pretty Squirrely results that didn't reassure me that it was a
solid performer. Now look how it saved the day. But at least my Rig Experts is
back in operation after correcting a poor solder joint on the SO-239 connector.

Terry
KI7m