Re: Topband: Beverage Antenna Tuning

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, 'Ashraf Chaabane' <ash.kf5eyy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Antenna Tuning
From: Mark <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 09:54:00 +0200
Good point Rick.

But that zoomes-out the topic.
What priorities does Ash' beverage need to cover, like:

lowering local noise (groundwave)
lowering incoming skywave noise; QRN and/or QRM
the need to 'enable another layer of QSO contacts'
etc.
etc.

Ash:  I am sure you have already read some general info on RX antennas?
If not already, please check CTU website for the great presentation by W3LPL:
https://www.contestuniversity.com/files/

Then there is The Great Book LowBand DX'ing by ON4UN

However, and this goes for all Lowband ops, experienced or not, throwing a topnotch RX antenna out on your QTH does not provide instant maximal efficiency. It might not be the best choice of antenna type, location or the way it is best set-up and/or adjusted in your environment. Can you make the right choices (or better experiment ot find out) if you're a City Dweller, where many of the knowledge takes different turns and you have to fight for every dB progress at s/n ?
Soo many questions, even more answers....

Using seperate RX antennas is a (great) journey in our hobby where you learn by doing.
You will have to find out what and how it works out best for you.

73 Mark, PA5MW