Re: Topband: Air Wound Coil

To: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Air Wound Coil
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 07:53:22 -0400
To follow up on what Tim said, I often just use PVC pipe for my coil forms
and wind my coils using enamel coated wire (16 or 14 gauge enamel coated
wire), and to keep things simple I often just use close wound turns (no
space between turns).  With no space between turns the coil loss will not
be minimized, but compared with most stations ground systems the additional
coil loss is typically just a small additional loss.

Don (wd8dsb)