Re: Topband: Air Wound Coil

To: "'MR TREVOR DUNNE'" <ei2glb@eircom.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Air Wound Coil
From: "Clive GM3POI" <clive@gm3poi.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 08:04:16 -0000
Trevor, You do not make it clear whether you want to match the antenna with
a hairpin match or with an L match. I find with a hairpin that the
inductance does not change much from the needed but the top loading will
need adjusting. You may find it better to put the 1:1 point at something
like 1.830 then you should be ok from the low end up to 1850 dependent on
how good or poor your ground system really is.
73 Clive GM3POI