Re: Topband: Call for antenna ideas

To: s53zo@t-2.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Call for antenna ideas
From: S57AD <mirko.s57ad@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 21:46:56 +0200
Simon, how about shunt feed 25m tower (by photo it seems there is enough
space for radial field under it.  And, how about two or three sloping
dipoles for 80 from 50m tower? Either two in 310° and 45° directions, or
three at 120° intervals, for 180°(south), 270° and 40°?

73, Mirko, S57AD

V V pet., 14. sep. 2018 ob 19:34 je oseba Simon Ravnič via Topband <
topband@contesting.com> napisala:

> Hi!
>

> With a head full of browsing and researching I decided to ask for help
> this Topband think tank.
>

> At S53M contest station we are well organized for 40m & up but are lacking
> lower band TX antennas.
>

> There are three towers in direction north - south:
> The southern one is 50m high with 40m and 20m monobanders on top
> Middle one is located 25m north of previous one and is 25m high with 15m
> monobander and 6/4m duobander.
> The northern one is 28m north of middle one and is 20m high with Optibeam
> OB17-4.
>

> There is a possibility to hang anything between them so I think we would
> prefer some wire antennas. Already present on the site is 160m INV-V and
> 80m vertical dipole from the 50m tower. What we are looking for is 160m and
> 80m TX antenna with two main directions 310 and 45 with low angle radiation.
>

> RX antennas are OK as there are three 280m long terminated beverages,
> direction 270 (Caribbean), 310 (NA) and 45 (AS).
>

> To understand better see a photo of the location at
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk44cg2zfyzpw3w/S53M.JPG?dl=0
>
> or
>
> https://ibb.co/gRPGVU
>

> Thanks you for your idea & 73