Topband: 160m Activity

To: 160 reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m Activity
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 09:46:31 -0600
As Tree said in his post, last night Topband was very alive!

Last night 54 EU made it into the VE6WZ log on TB. Just exceptional condx.
20 min before my SS at 00:24z LA1MFA was the first in the log, and the band was
jumping until I QRT at 0:600z.
There were many "first time in my log” calls which was nice.  I guess everyone
is not on FT-8!

I am now TX on my new 2 el Parasitic array and it seems to be preforming well.
I think the extra 4 dB gain to EU is helping.
I was RX diversity with the 1000’ EU Beverage and 9 circle RX array. The band
was dead quiet…..I could almost "hear a pin drop”!

Lets hope condx hold for a great winter season.

73, de steve ve6wz.