Re: Topband: 160m Activity

To: 160 reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Activity
From: Paul Kiesel via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 18:03:44 +0000 (UTC)
Last night was the best I've experienced on 160. Well, okay,
I haven't been on the band in any kind of seriousness until
recently, but still...

Gosh, when I tuned the band I almost immediately came
across OH0Z! Hearing Europe on CW is very rare for me.
Jim, W7FI, keeps watch on solar activity and alerted me
to the possibility of good propagation. Good thing I
listened.

I worked 20 stations during the opening, the farthest was
in UA3... and I got him on CW! I worked eight new ones
last night.

Need more of that. Wish I had a better receive antenna. I
was told that I had a lot of callers on FT8 that my system
didn't decode.

73,
Paul, K7CW