Re: Topband: Band Report

To: daraymond@iowatelecom.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Band Report
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 18:20:27 -0500
Hi Dave and Gang,

This morning I was on from 0600 to around 0730 UTC and the band was in
great condition into Europe from the Midwest (but lots of QSB), and at the
same time I heard KH6 really pounding in strong.  I typically call
conditions like this morning as one of those special days that occurs only
a handful of times a year on 160 meters.  Stations like DL5AXX and SM5EDX
were at times peaking 25 to 30 dB above my noise floor, but there were lots
of smaller stations easily workable which is an indicator of very good
conditions.

Here is a link to a recording of DL5AXX that I made this morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEqLKMjG7L8

73,
Don (wd8dsb)