Topband: Failed bulkhead connector

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Failed bulkhead connector
From: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 16:56:42 -0500
Had a great start to the 160 contest, about 90 qsos the first hour, running
about 1200 w to my inverted L.....took a short break to grab a bite to eat,
first transmission after that tripped the swr protection in the amp....long
story short, after attempting to fix it in the dark, Saturday morning I found
the bulkhead connector on my radial plate failed....even though reception was
just fine, I couldn’t transmit, I think it failed open...replacing the
connector brought everything back to normal.....it may have been a cheap
connector , bought a few at Dayton ( won’t make that mistake again).....what is
it that causes them to fail? The insulation ?

Sent from my iPad