Re: Topband: Topband Phenomenon

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>, Paul Kiesel <k7cw@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Phenomenon
From: Arthur Delibert <radio75a3@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 22:44:22 +0000
Back in the early 60s, NASA launched a couple of satellites named Echo I and
Echo II that were essentially huge reflecting balloons.  You could tune to WWV
on 20 MHz at a time of day when that was above the MUF.  When the Echo
satellite came by, WWV would pop up out of nowhere for a few seconds and then
disappear again.  To the best of my knowledge, the Echo satellites are long
gone; but this sounds like a similar phenomenon.

Art Delibert, KB3FJO