Topband: V8 Topband Report our SS 12 FEB and SR 13 Feb

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: V8 Topband Report our SS 12 FEB and SR 13 Feb
From: k1zm--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 01:51:53 +0000 (UTC)
Hi All
Last nite I had a family matter to take care of and could not be at the SS
opening our time - your SR time.
Adi covered for me later assisted by JT1CO.
A quick check shows that Adi worked 31 NA stations during that opening last
night - and a few of them were interesting catches - eg: NP2J, C6AGU, NO8D,
NX4D, K4SV - and the usual crop of 5/6/7 land stations.  I checked the log and
Adi's last NA contact was much later than normal that I have seen - he logged
K7IDX at 1532z - I usually start getting overrun with EU callers by 1430z and
switch over to the EU antenna at that time - this antenna has to be manually
changed each night - which is why I often shift my focus to EU at what seems to
be a good time.
This morning at OUR SR I was able to be there and pls note that each day at
2145z - I depart from 1822 or 1823 and qsy to 1805.5 qsx up 3 on 1808.5.
I did not hear any NA from 2145z - 2245z - I CQ'd for an hour - NADA.
However - at 2145z VO1HP copied me on 1822  - with a good signal - and called
me but I did not hear him.
I hrd him two days ago but we did not connect that day - so I am still looking
to work East coast VE via the long path.
Again - I am out there tonight again for you SR opening - I usually start with
Ja until  the sun gets low in the sky - once the sun sets, the really strong
part of the opening has passed it seems.
Hope to work some more of you tonight - remember - you want to look on 1805.5
qsx up 3 and not around 1822.
73 and GL
JEFF

Jeff BriggsDXing on the Edge: The Thrill of 160 Meters Available worldwide
through BookBaby, Array Solutions, DX Engineering, Radio Society of Great
Britain, & Amazon