Topband: V84SAA QSL

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: V84SAA QSL
From: <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 20:17:18 -0500
Greetings topbanders. . .

My recent comment about the quick confirmation via LoTW brought multiple
private responses with comments questioning the need for a donation to receive
speedy V84SAA LoTW confirmation.  Several asked why I would even make the
requested $5 donation.  I felt the modest $5 donation to the operation was well
worth it for the speedy LoTW confirmation.   By the time I filled out the card,
addressed the envelope, put sufficient postage for foreign delivery on the
envelope, put money in the envelope, get it to a mailbox, hope that it might
actually get there un-pilfered, and then wait months for the card hoping that
the foreign postal services actually got it to the USPS so it could be
delivered. . . .well, I figured the $5 donation was about a break-even point
(or less) as compared to mailing a printed card and “hoping.”  Plus, I didn’t
mind at all making a rather small donation to a first rate operation with a
real low band focus (which it most successfully had).

73. . .Dave, W0FLS