Topband: Brief EU open from SW US

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Brief EU open from SW US
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 00:18:14 +0000
Now two days old due to mail bounce.

Last evening a brief pre-greyline opening occurred to western Europe on 160m from the SW. I was able to work G3PQA at 03:33 UTC. This late in the season makes this type of contact rare. Propagation at the time favored southern east coast. At that time solar wind was below 250m/sec and proton density was less than 2cm squared.

A side note. 40m was popping with S9 plus EU during this time period.

73

Bob, W7RH

--
W7RH DM35os

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity." - Albert Einstein