Re: Topband: RFI on TB

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RFI on TB
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 22:15:59 -0500
Around here, lightning arrestors on these power cables are the prime candidate.  I have exactly the same issue here and every couple years have to go track down one that has started making racket over the summer storm season.  The noise is in-band and you can't filter it generally speaking.  The good news is if your experience is similar to mine, the power company will be able to fix your noise maker and the difference is almost literally night and day.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com