Re: Topband: 160

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160
From: Phil Duff <na4m@suddenlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 21:15:23 -0500
> On 8/2/19 7:06 PM, GEORGE WALLNER wrote:
>>  Just don't mix his achievement with mine. (Is RTTY really a digital mode?
>> It seems to be very analog these days.)
>> 73,
>> George,
>> AA7JV

ARRL stopped issuing new RTTY DXCCs in 2011 when it became Digital DXCC for
RTTY, PSK, JT9, FT8, FT4,<insert newest digital mode here>.

Same as SSB, AM, FM  all count as Phone DXCC.

So I suppose we can assume the old RTTY DXCC achievements have become defacto
Digital DXCCs and have been contaminated with other digital modes since 2011.

http://www.arrl.org/news/rtty-dxcc-award-now-known-as-digital-dxcc-award

de Phil NA4M

Phil Duff          na4m[at]suddenlink[dot]net