Topband: Ground under a K9AY Loop

To: topband reflector <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ground under a K9AY Loop
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 21:36:15 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier question about substituting radials for a ground rod.  We just had 3 days of rain - our first in 6 weeks, so I don't think I have a ground rod driving problem any longer.  I'll find out tomorrow.

But all those suggestions raised an interesting question - is there any such thing as too good a ground under a K9AY?  For example, if I drive an 8-foot ground rod and then run 4 radials from it, out under and past the elements of the K9AY, might that be TOO much?  It's really not that much extra effort, and my last lawn mowing for this fall is Thursday.

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network