Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW Activity Night

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW Activity Night
From: Michael Höding <hoeding@th-brandenburg.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 06:29:18 +0100
Dear Roger,

please excuse me for my weak English. What means Wednesday night?
a) the night from Tuesday to Wednesday or
b) the night from Wednesday to Thursday

73 de Michael, DL6MHW (160 m newcomer)

Am 19.11.2019 um 15:42 schrieb Roger Kennedy:
Well I posted a reminder last week . . . but it didn't appear til Thursday !

So hopefully we can stir up activity this Wednesday.

Lots of people complain about all the FT8 activity, and the lack of CW
activity on Top Band these days . . . well this is an attempt to get more
stations on the band on CW on the same evening !  There will only be more CW
DX activity if people make the effort to come on and have proper QSOs.

There are still plenty of stations who come on 160m on CW . . . I heard
around 100 calling the station in Nigeria the other night. But you never
normally hear those people on the band !  I find that very sad . . . that
those stations have a reasonable 160m setup, but only come on to have ONE
QSO !!

Personally, I get a buzz out of working EVERY station on 160m that is a few
thousand miles away, regardless of where they are, or how many times we've
worked before.

73 Roger G3YRO