Topband: Stew Perry

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 10:52:08 -0000
I don't think conditions were anything special, as I have heard the big
signals at least 10 to 15 dB stronger. (only a couple of stations were even
S9 . . most were only around S5)

However, I came on three times during the night for about an hour each time,
and managed to work 72 North American stations !  So I was pretty pleased
with that.

It goes to show that if there is actually some Activity, you can have lots
of contacts. (I'm sure I could have worked even more NA stations, but they
were often flattened by very strong Europeans, peaking S9 + 30dB)

It actually amazes me that all these stations obviously have a reasonable
setup for 160m, or else they wouldn't make it across the pond under average
conditions . . . yet you never ever hear most of them on the band !

Happy New Year everyone !

Roger G3YRO