Re: Topband: Musings on multiple 160m QSOs

To: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Subject: Re: Topband: Musings on multiple 160m QSOs
From: Victor Goncharsky via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:03:40 +0300
I agree as well.
The problem for those chasing new ones is sometimes the fact that folks who
already worked, confirmed the entity that was accepted by DXCC Desk are still
calling and often stealing the chance from their fellow amateurs who need that
DX.
Generally they have the strongest signals and just are competing in their
Vanity Fair.
Another questionable idea is so called «DX Marathon» requiring to work the same
entity every year, month, week etc.
As for me, one DX QSO confirmed by QSL card and/or in LoTW and accepted by DXCC
Desk is enough.
We can work the same stations again and again in all kinds of topband contests
giving the points and multipliers to those who need them.
Good DX and the Happy New Year 2020.

--
73, Victor Goncharsky US5WE/K1WE (UW5W in VHF contests, ex UB5WE), P.E.
UARL Technical and VHF Committies