Topband: K2AV Trident L

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K2AV Trident L
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 12:47:17 -0500
Starting with a 160 inverted L/FCP, we first added 80 by tuning the aerial
wire/FCP as an end-fed half-wave L. That's been up, works very well, off
beta status. But 40 meters was always a killer. Many, many, many hours of
EZNEC runs chasing something to get 40 meters on the same aerial wire/FCP.
But no results worth the wire ,rope and insulators.

Just simply loading up the 160 L on 40 with a base network gave awful 40m
patterns and loss.

No more.

The answer is in k2av.com, version 2020.01.11. Click on Trident L 160+80+40
Aerial/FCP.  3/4 omni, if horizontal is bend at N, pulled to S, then NW and
NE are 4.9 dBi.

The Trident L article also includes downloadable plot files from the EZNEC
Pro/4 runs showing the gradual results from 40' to 70' vertical wire in the
Trident L. Any level of EZNEC can display the plot files, including the
free demo version. Instructions on how to do this are in the article.

We have several Trident L's going up around Raleigh as we work on the
antenna's experimental status.

Enjoy.

73, Guy K2AV