Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW Activity Night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW Activity Night
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 20:07:39 -0400
Roger,

I got on around 0030z for about an hour and worked several G's, SM, I ,
W0's, W7RH, NP2J etc.

I saw you spotted and tuned to your freq after a moment but heard nil.  Sri!
Musta just missed you.

I did hear OY1S (or something like that.I didn't write it down) calling EX8M
(and heard him too) but no QSO/

A normal night on top band I'd say.

Loudest was (no surprise) SM5EDX../..wow, what does he run?

Mike VE9AA

Well sadly conditions seemed very poor last night . . .

My own signals were 20 to 30dB down on what I would normally see on NA RBN

sites

I managed just 4 NA QSOs . . . but heard several other people calling me

that were way down in the noise.

Not sure how many stations were on across the pond, but heard lots of other

EU stations calling CQ, but getting few replies.

Thanks to all those that made the effort to come on the band . . . let's

hope conditions are better next Wednesday !

73 Roger G3YRO

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB