Re: Topband: recording off the air

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: recording off the air
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 07:10:26 -0800
As the "instructor" for the ethics class at Dayton's Contesting University
this year, I feel compelled to add a bit to the thought about "top
contesters" recording contests for possible review.

Top contesters do not consider using a recording to improve the accuracy of
their submitted log as being ethical.  The contest ends at the time stated
in the rules.

Top contesters might review such recordings to learn about their operating
process and make improvements.  They also might review their log check
report to understand why a QSO was busted.

Just didn't anyone reading to feel that using a recording to correct
callsigns or exchange information was "okay" in a contest.

Tree N6TR