Re: Topband: Any Linrad selective limiter noise blanker experts here?

To: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>, Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>, TOPBAND@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: Topband: Any Linrad selective limiter noise blanker experts here?
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 08:57:13 -0800
On 1/22/2020 8:06 AM, Roger D Johnson wrote:
Darn! Forgot the URL!
http://www.ka7oei.com/syn_blank.html

73, Roger

This is the "Kalman filter" I posted about
earlier in this thread, although Kalman is
my term, and wasn't used by previous writers.
Let's say they independently reinvented the
Kalman filter without realizing it.

Anyway, this should all be doable in software
in modern SDR's.

Tim posted that it wouldn't work for him because
his noise varies from pulse to pulse.  I suspect
that it would however work in many other cases.
Worth a try.

Rick N6RK