Re: Topband: 4SQ Arrays in proximity

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 4SQ Arrays in proximity
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 20:24:35 +0000
While I can not speak directly of 4 sq interaction, I'll add my comments on antenna interaction. I have  an all vertical antenna farm if you will with 17 verticals covering 160-HF.

In my case I have 3 elements interlaced with separate feed on 80m within my 5 element 160m antenna which beams broadside end-fire in East/West and Endfire NE,SE,SW and NW. I have not seen any degradation of either array.  You might picture it as being just like a vertical Yagi in end-fire configuration.

I also have a full sized 8 circle on 40m with an old HighGain high tower junior in the middle for HF Omni operation. In that case I do de-tune via switched in inductance at the base of the Omni when not in use to make sure there is very little if any coupling into the 8 circle array. Again, I don't see any performance degradation.

If you have the space go for separation, if not there are simple alternatives that have low impact on overall performance.

Bob, W7RH

--
W7RH DM35os

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity." - Albert Einstein