Topband: TT8SN QRV CW

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TT8SN QRV CW
From: <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 07:02:13 -0600
TT8SN has been QRV on 160 all week long but on FT-8.  I had mentioned on KST
last evening that it was too bad he didn’t try some CW.  OM3SX must have felt
the same way as he “spotted” TT8SN on 1834 with a request for CW at 0451z.  Lo
and behold, 15 minutes later OM3SX spots TT8SN on 1834.  I was on the band at
the time tuning around and working various station.  When I saw the second spot
I went to 1834 and there was TT8SN calling CQ listening up 1.  He had just a
few callers so I was fortunate to be able to get him in the log for a new one.
He quickly got a large pile, mostly EU as a lot of NA had already gone to bed.
He worked a large number of EU stations and a fair number of NA.  He had a very
good Q rate, was hearing well, and had a 559 signal here with very little QSB.
He stayed on feverishly working the pile until 0536, 20 minutes after his SR.
His signal faded just a small amount when he finally went QRT and was still Q5
copy.  Since he had so much success on CW hopefully he’ll return again on that
mode as there is big demand.  Good luck to all!

73. . .Dave, W0FLS