Re: Topband: T-loaded vertical

To: topband reflector <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: T-loaded vertical
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 13:00:34 -0500 (EST)
Hi Pete,

Symmetrical T-verticals offer a performance improvement over
inverted-L verticals but with a major downside if you operate on the
higher bands. If the flat top of the T-vertical is near resonance on any
HF band is will significantly degrade the performance of any Yagi
antenna within hundreds of feet of the flat top.

My recommendation: if you're serious about the HF bands don't use
a T-vertical unless you can locate it far from your Yagis.

I learned this lesson the hard way years ago with a 70 foot flat top
on my T-vertical I totally trashed my 3 element 40 meter Yagis
hundreds of feet away.

73
Frank
W3LPL