Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW Activity Night

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 17:14:24 +0000
 Roger,

Sorry I missed you. I think I was QRV when you were not. After some quality time with the XYL, I got on about 0200 UT and went until sunrise in Europe. Signals were certainly good, and I worked a few all time new stations as well, so that was nice.

I listened for VP8PJ for quite awhile, but heard almost nothing. Then I figured out that my South beverage is broken. It produces band noise, but no signals. It's always something. Today is pouring rain, so I doubt that i will fix it today.

I listened a bit on FT-8 at my sunset as well as CW, but nothing unusual there. I could not hear HL5IVL nor any JA stations. Still, the path between NA and EU was very good last night. Too bad it was so lightly utilized. :<(

73

Dave K1WHS