Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX CW
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:55:04 +0000
Wednesday was pretty much so a bust here in Northern Arizona.

Thursday is another story. The band opened to spot locations in Western Europe. A quick CQ in the morning near sunrise brought a big surprise. JA6REX was S9 plus 10dB for a short QSO. Followed by a skewed path to VK6LW near Perth that was absolutely incredible! S9 Plus Plus!

Kevin called with antenna pointed at Asia and was definitely weaker on normal SW direct heading. I was like a little kid in a candy store.

Meanwhile contrary to earlier in the week VP8PJ was very poor in signal levels if not at all readable.

160m the band with no sleep.

73

Bob W7RH

--
W7RH DM35qj

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity." - Albert Einstein