Re: Topband: Restoring the Signal to Noise Ratio

To: Dave Cuthbert <telegrapher9@gmail.com>, <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Restoring the Signal to Noise Ratio
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 13:28:10 -0400
This is only half tongue-in-cheek.
With the ambient noise going up, and there being limits to the size and cost of receiving arrays most amateurs can build, the next logical step is to raise the output power. Perhaps the FCC should be petitioned to raise the legal limit? They were supposed to safeguard our frequencies against interference (man-made noise included), but since they have failed to do that, they should allow more power to restore the original signal to noise ratio? (Which some already do, anyway.)

;-) 73,
George,
AA7JV

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 05:40:30 -1000