Topband: Spurious transmissions on 1830 khz by CKTB (610 kHz), St. Catha

To: topband reflector <topband@contesting.com>, k1whs@metrocast.net, wd8dsb@gmail.com
Subject: Topband: Spurious transmissions on 1830 khz by CKTB (610 kHz), St. Catharines ON
From: Rick ve3mm <richardstasiak@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:03:59 -0400
My qth is St. Catharines ON.

The spurious transmissions from CKTB have been occurring sporadically since
the summer of 2019.   The spurious signal on 1830 khz seems to occur when
it is windy in the area and appears to becoming more frequent.

On Friday March 20 around 0100Z the spurious signal was S9 plus 20 on 1830
khz and it wiped out the band from 1825 to 1835.  They were perfect copy on
AM and I did hear the station callsign announcement as CKTB.

In the last week I have complained to the station itself and to Industry
Canada (our version of the FCC).  IC has acknowledged my complaint and said
they would look into it.

I recommend that if you are affected by this spurious signal that you
register a complaint with the FCC and hopefully they will pressure Industry
Canada to force the station to make repairs.

73
Rick ve3mm