Re: Topband: Spurious transmissions on 1830 khz by CKTB (610 kHz), St. C

To: Roy Morgan <k1lky68@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Spurious transmissions on 1830 khz by CKTB (610 kHz), St. Catharines ON
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:02:55 -0400
Hi Roy,

Numerous stations in Canada and the US are encountering the same RFI
(originating from the same station near Niagara Falls).  In recent years we
have encountered similar RFI on 160 meters from an AM broadcast station in
New Jersey as well as one in Kentucky that had spurious emissions up on 160
meters, and this looks like another classic case of that.  I also have
directional RX receive antennas on 160 meters that indicate the direction
of the signal.

The New Jersey AM broadcast station RFI mentioned above was an interesting
one in that the AM station was using a very low power back up transmitter
that was only running 6 watts, and its spurs on 160 meters were producing
strong signals in the Midwestern states (S7 at my location near
Indianapolis).

Just FYI,
Don (wd8dsb)