Re: Topband: CW Activity

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CW Activity
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 09:23:42 -0600
Roger,
You had a very solid and strong signal here in VE6 last night so your low
dipole is working for TX, but you could not hear me calling.
Your CQs were too long, because often by the time you finished your 5th or 6th
CQ, the QSB took your signal down, and the peak was missed.
Short CQs and short exchanges are much preferred on 160m. A 3X2 CQ is more than
enough.

Last night I was able to work SM5EDX, DF2PY, DL8LAS, ON7PQ, IV3PRK, PE5T,
PA3FQA, G3XHZ and G3OQT.
Luis IV3PRK was very weak and we struggled to complete the QSO, but in the end
we made it.
I know I had other EU callers, but the QRN from US T-storms made copy
difficult.  Fortunately, my EU RX puts most of the QRN off the side.  I’m sure
it was a challenge for much of NA because of the high QRN.

73, de steve ve6wz