Re: Topband: RG-6 Delay cables

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RG-6 Delay cables
From: K9FD <merv.k9fd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 07:19:35 -1000
Ever see RG6 with a solid aluminum shield?

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is how the aluminum shield,
jacket, and dielectric behaves.  I'm pretty sure that the CoE/°F of
aluminum is *more than twice* that of copper and steel.

I am speaking specifically about a solid aluminum shield bonded to the
dielectric.

Braided shields would of course expand and contract with the rest of the
coax.

Also, many cables also have the center conductor bonded to the dielectric.

I am not disagreeing with anyone; I just thought that I ought to throw that
into this discussion in case it matters.

73 Mike
W0BTU