Topband: Herbert Schoenbohm, KV4FZ: Silent Key

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Herbert Schoenbohm, KV4FZ: Silent Key
From: dan@np2j.com
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 13:21:13 -0500
It is with great regret that I have been informed that Herb Schoenbohm KV4FZ has passed away this morning at his home.
Herb was 84 years of age.

Herb has been a fixture on Topband since the very beginning, having 160 DXCC #2 (I believe) and has been active in all 160 Meter contests over the years setting many records.

I personally have been amazed at his stamina in contests, even recently, he would stay up all night CQing long after this 62 year old called it quits...I hope I live as long as Herbie, and be able to put half the rare ones in the log as he did routinely

73 Herb

Best wishes to Herbs wife of over 50 years Monica and Sons Tom, Timmy and Eric