Re: Topband: Anyone with experience using CAT6 as feed line.

To: ly2ij@qrz.lt
Subject: Re: Topband: Anyone with experience using CAT6 as feed line.
From: Lou via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 11:47:51 +0000 (UTC)
You might try google for LZ1AQ who has written on this subject.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
 On Monday, May 18, 2020, ly2ij@qrz.lt <ly2ij@qrz.lt> wrote:

Hi Mike,

I wanted to try and raised similar question in 2011:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Topband/2011-04/msg00027.html

It was some theoretical discussion but no practical experience, so I
decided to try myself. It was temporary installation for 1 weekend, so
use regular indoor CAT-6 cable, two reversible Beverages made from same
cable and one such cable (200 m) used as feeder. All pairs used at
"feeder" - 2 pairs for one Beverage front and back, other 2 pairs - for
other. Load resistors - at direction switch at radio. All cables were
laying on grass- sort of 20-30 cm up from the soil. Worked very good to
my understanding in middle of summer QRN conditions.

Short story is here:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Topband/2013-02/msg00148.html

In your case - BOG has much lower output even to my Bev on grass - so it
much more sensitive to noise pickup. Together with not always
predictable BOG behavior - see all BOG related posts in this mailing
list.

73 GL

Arunas, LY2IJ