Re: Topband: Common mode choking of beverages - which side of grounded s

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Common mode choking of beverages - which side of grounded shack entry panel?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 08:04:58 -0700
My DX Eng 4 sq (12v over RG6 to preamps) has had infuriating random arc noise for years and the W3LPL explanation makes great sense to me as the reason. I did silicone grease the F threads but followed the "CW advice" to not flood the connector so I have a project to do that.

Hi-Z had a separate 12v power lead on their whip preamps, but with DXE selling them that seems to have disappeared. Now powered by a bias T over RG6.

Heading into the PNW monsoon season, so need to get it done.

Grant KZ1W
Redmond, WA