Re: Topband: Good Conditions, Little Activity

To: 'TopBand' <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Good Conditions, Little Activity
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 22:46:10 -0700
Very nice, Eric! I missed that while being evac'd for the fires. Just moved back in after 8 weeks. Would the results be comparable on 160M?

73, Jim K9YC

On 10/9/2020 4:45 PM, Eric NO3M wrote:
The new FST4 mode has almost completely superseded JT9 on 630 and 2200m, the only remaining JT9 signals being from those that missed the announcement / release or are waiting on a general availability release.  The advantages over JT9 are numerous, including use of 'a priori' (as used with FT8, etc.), and a user adjustable noise blanker that many have found indispensable on LF/MF.  While part of the beta test group, we did a fair amount of testing on 160m as well.

Joe posted this graph comparing JT9 vs. FST4 performance:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/jt9_vs_fst4.pdf

- Eric NO3M