Re: Topband: Low Dipoles

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Low Dipoles
From: donovanf@erols.com
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 21:28:21 -0500 (EST)
Several topbanders have had both horizontal dipoles at various heights
-- including both very low and very high -- and high performing vertical
antennas that we could compare on the air in real time.

While there are always isolated cases when horizontal antennas
might be the best transmitting antenna, in my experience they're
isolated cases, usually occurring near sunrise.

I long ago removed my 160 meter horizontal transmitting antennas
and never regretted it...

73
Frank
W3LPL