Re: Topband: Low Dipoles

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Low Dipoles
From: donovanf@erols.com
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 13:54:15 -0500 (EST)
Horizontally polarized receiving antennas should be very low, so that
they discriminate very effectively against both local vertically polarized
RFI as well as atmospheric noise propagated via the ionosphere at low
angles. They can occasionally work very well near sunrise when
high angle DX signals are most likely to occur.

I've never found them to be more effective receiving antennas than
Beverages or arrays of short verticals at sunset or at any time during
the night

73
Frank
W3LPL