Re: Topband: Low Dipoles

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Low Dipoles
From: "John Harden, D.M.D." <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 15:47:01 -0500
I am all for multiple receiving antennas for 160..

I have:

1) Hi-Z 8 down by the creek.

2) Hi-Z 2 up on the hill.

3) BOG to NW going down the hill.

4) Waller FLAG on 40 foot boon (2 loops) at 95 feet on a TIC Ring Rotor.

    The Waller FLAG appears to outperform all of the others (especially when the polarization is horizontal).

    It works well on the long path. It was #2 from N4IS. 100 ohm Twin-Ax to tower base. Then 100 ohm to 50 ohm transformer

    with Times Microwave LMR-600 to shack.

73,

John, W4NU